Hardy Middle School is proud to be a uniform school. Uniforms help instill a sense of pride in our students and school. Therefore we enforce a strict dress code to ensure that our students spend their time focused on academic achievement and not on fashion. Hardy students must follow the dress code every day that they come into school.
The required Rose L. Hardy Middle School Uniform is:
- Navy blue polo-style shirt (long or short sleeve) – no logo other than the Hardy logo; must be tucked in at all times
- Khaki pants - must be worn on the waist
- Black shoes, White shoes or sneakers (predominant color)
In addition, students may choose to wear:
- Khaki shorts (boys), skirt or short (girls)
- Necklaces that are religious in nature (must be tucked into shirt). Other articles those are religious in nature (i.e. head scarves). Stud earrings
- Solid navy, black, or white socks/tights
- Navy sweater, no hoods, no logos
Hardy students may NOT wear:
- Pants or shorts that are cut or with frilled bottoms
- Open-toed shoes
- Hair scarves (except for religious reasons)
- Excessively sized or colorful jewelry
Students who violate the mandatory uniform policy will be subject to progressive disciplinary measures. Students will be given an opportunity to correct their clothing; if they are unable to self correct, their parents will be notified and invited to the school to bring the correct clothing. Students whose parents cannot bring the correct clothing will be issued a uniform from the uniform bank and must return it clean the next day.
Repeated uniform violations may result in further disciplinary action.